A Dog Friendly Activity in Devon
Stuart Line Cruises is a pet-friendly attraction and there is no additional charge for your dog. Your four-legged furry companions are welcome on the vast majority of our cruises however, there are a few exceptions, such as those with an extended duration, without the opportunity to disembark at any point.
Devon is famously a superb place to bring your dog, whether it be for a day trip or a holiday - with miles of sandy beaches and acres of rural countryside, it’s no wonder that so many people decide to bring their dog to Devon.
Please note, the following cruises are not considered suitable for dogs:
- Guided Bird Watching Cruises
- Geology Day Trip
- Special Events including Fish & Fizz, Summer BBQ Cruise, Live Band Nights and Airshows.
- Sail with Santa
We do have a few polite requests to dogs and their owners, in order to ensure the comfort and safety of yourselves and your fellow passengers:
- Dogs must remain on a lead at all times, must remain with their owner and will not be allowed to wander freely around the vessel.
- All four paws on the floors! Dogs must remain on the decks at all times and we politely ask that you do not allow them to sit on seats or use the blankets which are intended for passenger use.
- Please consider the duration of your cruise when deciding whether or not to bring your dog – longer cruises may not be suitable – only you know how often your pooch is likely to need to go to the toilet or how restless they may become!
- In the event of your dog urinating or fouling whilst on board, it is your responsibility to clean it up. Our Crew will be happy to grab some tissue if needed but scooping poop or mopping urine is above the pay grade!
- On hot days, we would strongly recommend that you should sit on the lower, covered deck of the vessel with your dog. The upper decks of the vessel are made of steel and can become extremely hot in warm weather, making them unsuitable for dog’s paws. Please respect our advice – this is to ensure the safety and comfort of your dog.
- If your dog is a larger breed, please be respectful and considerate towards other passengers and do not allow your dog to encroach on fellow passengers’ personal space. We also ask that you do not allow your dog to block walkways.
- Please note that there may be other dogs on board for your cruise; if your dog doesn’t enjoy socialising with other dogs, please take this into consideration!
- Finally, we have plenty of doggy water receptacles on board – please just ask our friendly crew if your pooch gets thirsty!
We would love to see your photos of your four-legged friends on board our boats – please don’t forget to share your images on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and tag @stuartlinecruises ! (maybe add the Facebook, Instagram and Twitter symbols here?)
We would love to see your photos of your four-legged friends on board our boats – please don’t forget to share your images on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and tag @stuartlinecruises !
Get To Know Us!
Sign up to our newsletter for monthly highlights, entertaining anecdotes and details of upcoming cruises and events!