What trips do you have scheduled?
- We sail throughout the year and will always have at least one type of trip scheduled.
- Please see the Timetable for confirmed sailings.
- If we do not have a trip showing for the dates you require please Contact Us as we may have a provisional trip.
How do I book a place on a cruise?
- The easiest way to book a trip is online via our timetable. You will then be sent an email confirmation. You will receive a reminder of your booking 24 hours before the trip. Please bring a printed copy of either of these or have them ready to view on your mobile device to be able to collect your tickets.
- You can also book ticket over the phone. You will be asked for your surname, the number of people in your party and you will be asked for a contact telephone number. Please note that written confirmation cannot be issued for any booking made on the telephone.
- For all bookings you will be asked for payment in advance. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Maestro(switch). Your tickets will then be retained on our office for you to collect on the day of your trip.
- Advanced booking and payment is essential for many of our cruises. Some cruises will be booked up months in advance. We cannot guarantee you a place if you have not booked.
I’ve paid for my ticket but I can’t go – what now?
- If you have purchased a ticket from us for a cruise and it is your choice not to sail we cannot offer you a refund. Many of our cruises are fully booked in advance and we have to turn people away.
- If, after purchasing a ticket, you decide you do not want to sail anymore we cannot refund your ticket. We will only offer refunds if we have made the decision to cancel a trip.
Will I get sea sick?
- The truth? We don’t know – every passenger is an individual! However, if you are prone to motion sickness take a River Exe Cruise first as we can guarantee calm waters.
- Any sea trip such as our Jurassic Coast and Torquay or Brixham Day Trip, can be affected by the weather, particularly the winds, that can cause waves which some passengers can be sensitive to. If you are not sure please speak to us before booking your ticket as we want all passengers to enjoy their trip with us.
- Both our vessels can cater for the physically disabled or those with walking difficulties. The Tudor Rose can take a maximum of three manual wheelchairs. The Pride of Exmouth varies at the discretion of the skipper. Anyone who is confined to a wheelchair must have a carer with them in case of emergency. Both vessels can be difficult for the disabled at extremes of tides.
- We are unable to take motorized buggies or scooters on our vessels. We can accommodate electric wheelchairs on certain trips only as access to the boat is affected by the tides.
- Stuart Line Cruises reserves the right to decline access on board if they feel it would be detrimental to the health and safety of passengers or crew.
- We have a speaker system located throughout the boat but we do not have a hearing loop. Our crew will be happy to assist passengers with hearing difficulties to sit in the most suitable place.
- We welcome all assistance dogs on our boats.
- A virtual tour of our vessels is available on our website here for those with anxiety, autism or similar disabilities who may need to plan or understand the boats before arrival.
- We are happy to discuss any requests or requirements or recommend a best trip accordingly, please call us on 01395 222144.
Do you have toilets on board?
- Yes we have modern toilets on board both of our vessels.
What time should I arrive for my trip?
- You should aim to arrive, ready to board the boat, 15 minutes before the stated departure time.
- If you need to collect tickets or pay fares you should consider arriving earlier as there may be other people in the same situation. Parking is limited at Exmouth Docks so please consider using a different method of travel.
- Many of our trips are tide dependent and must leave on time, this is especially true for our day trips so please ensure you arrive promptly for departure on both outward and return journeys.
Where can I park my car?
- There is a small long stay car park on Exmouth Marina, this can fill up very early on busy days. Please try and visit us by a method other than a car.
- If you have to arrive by car Short Stay Pay and Display car parking is available on Exmouth Seafront. Long and Short Stay parking is also available in Exmouth town centre. Blue Badge Holders are required to pay at both.
- Limited free parking is available on side streets.
- Yes, we welcome well behaved dogs on most of our cruises, please do not leave them in your car particularly in hot weather. We are unable to allow dogs on board our Firework Night Cruise, English Riviera and Sidmouth Airshow Cruises or our Sail with Santa Cruises.
- We request that dogs remain on a lead at all times whilst on the boat and are the responsibility of the owner throughout the cruise.
- Please remember that trips may be very busy with lots of children and adults aboard which some dogs may find stressful. We welcome all assistance dogs including assistance dog puppy walkers.
Why has my trip been cancelled?
- All of our cruises are subject to weather, tide and local conditions. Your safety aboard our boats is paramount to us and therefore it is sometimes necessary to cancel or postpone a trip.
- The River Exe is very calm and these trips are rarely affected. However, any sea going trips can be affected by changes to the weather, especially strong winds.
- It is advisable to call us on 01395 222144 if you are unsure about the status of your trip, particularly if you are travelling a long distance to us.
- If we cancel your trip you will receive the option to transfer your ticket to another date or receive a refund.
What is the best trip to go on?
- This mainly depends on the type of person you are and what you and your party prefer.
- Our River Exe Cruises are often frequented by groups of people staying at local hotels or who are part of coach tour holidays. Our coastal cruises and day trips are popular with families. The choice of cruise is up to you but feel free to talk to a member of staff about which trip is best for you.
- We do not recommend our day trips to Torquay, Brixham or Sidmouth for the disabled due to the method of landing. Wheelchair users will be unable to depart the boat at these destinations unless they have some mobility.
When is your busiest time?
- You can expect our trips to be fairly busy during any peak season such as the school holidays.
- Day trips are often popular as we advertise them at local hotels and holiday parks and our Round Robin Boat and Train trip can prove busy as we often have coach groups on them. The best thing to do is to pre-book your tickets either online or with our booking office to ensure your place.
- We CANNOT guarantee you a place on a cruise if you simply turn up. This is especially true of special event trips such as our Fireworks Cruise and the English Riviera or Sidmouth Airshow crusies, tickets for these trips must be pre-booked.
Can I hire a vessel privately?
- Yes, our vessels are available for Private Charter for events such as celebrations, parties, fundraisers and wedding receptions.
- Schedule and availability permitting it is also possible to hire our vessels during the day time although this incurs a higher charge.
- Please see our Private Charter page for more information.
We are here to help with any requests or requirements or advise on the best trip accordingly. Please call us on 01395 222144.